March 2019 – Coworking office space is not merely a trend anymore, but is fast becoming an acceptable and cost-effective place where entrepreneurs, SME’s and even satellite offices of large corporates can conduct their business from.
Coworking or sharing office space entails people from different companies renting an open office area and sharing amenities such as the internet, Wi-Fi, office furniture, meeting rooms, copiers, scanners, etc.
Ideally, this is the next step for any entrepreneur or small business who feels the need to get out of their “home office” or coffee-shop meetings and to engage with their clients in a more sophisticated environment.
Commercial office space can be prohibitively expensive, so the concept of coworking space is very appealing to entrepreneurs as it often includes a range of additional benefits that small business may not be able to afford on their own, such as;
- High-speed internet and Wi-Fi
- Generators during load-shedding
- Copiers and scanners
- On-site restaurants, coffee shops and gyms
In addition, quality coworking office spaces – such as those offered by companies like The Business Exchange, expose their tenants to many free business networking opportunities held monthly. During these events, coworking office tenants are able to share knowledge as well as establish and grow their own networks in these conducive environments.
Aside from the social benefits, these networking events are also highly strategic and provide valuable learning opportunities for tenants of shared office space as they are able to gain valuable insight from talks and presentations from invited guests and business mentors.
10 Questions to determine if you are ready to share office space?
If you are already considering the benefits of sharing office space, then you may want to ask yourself the following questions;
- How much time and money do you spend working from coffee-shops?
- Are you easily distracted when working from your “home-office”?
- Do you feel isolated working at home or even from a coffee-shop?
- Would you like nice furnishings and surroundings but just can’t afford it yet?
- Do you need venues for meetings or events?
- Are you in need of some IT assistance from time to time?
- Would you like to meet your clients in a professional location?
- Do you need, but can’t afford, a Receptionist to greet your clients and answer your calls?
- Are there business services that you require, such as aircon, cleaning, security and maintenance, but you are unable to afford?
- Do you need cost-effective access to a printer, scanner and other office peripherals?
Coworking or sharing office space will help you to build your business by exposing it to many other types of businesses and like-minded people. In addition, if you have employees – they will benefit from the many perks that come with your flexible, coworking office lease, such as free coffee, snacks, gym access, etc.
For further information about the benefits of co-working office space, please call us on +27 72 928 2127 or email us.